Support for people living with dementia.
At ACH Group all of our services are inclusive of people with cognitive impairments including dementia, as well as dementia specific services to suit individual needs and allow for choice.
ACH Group have staff with the specialist knowledge, skills and experience that enables them to offer the right advice at the right time, no matter where someone is on their journey with dementia.
Dementia is caused by a variety of diseases and injuries that affect the brain. Dementia can affect a person’s memory, thinking, behaviour and ability to perform everyday activities.
ACH Group also has a variety of supports to assist a family member in their caring role.
Here’s some examples of services which may be of help for people living with dementia:
Concerned about a family member who has dementia or memory loss? Worried about your own memory? We can support you, your family member or friend with:
– Getting a diagnosis and accessing services
– Staying healthy and living well with the challenges of dementia
– Coping with changes to your independence and relationships
– Modifying your home and routines to make life easier
– Using technology to aid memory, independence and safety
– Securing reliable and dependable supports and services
– Keeping you connected to your community
– Planning for the future
– Advice on modifying hobbies and interests to keep you connected
– Education in managing the symptoms of the disease and changes in behaviour.