What is a Home Care Package?
Home Care Packages (HCP) are government-subsided, flexible plans of care to support you to stay living independently in your own home.
Home Care Packages can be accessed when you need more than basic support and offer a coordinated approach with access to a greater range of services, aids, and equipment.
There are four levels of government-subsidies available for Home Care Packages
These begin at level one for basic care needs and progress to level four for high care needs. You may progress through levels as your care needs change.
Level 1 – Basic care needs
Level 2 – Low-level care needs
Level 3 – Intermediate care needs
Level 4 – High-level care needs
What services are available?
ACH Group offers a range of care and support services to support you in living your good life at home. Together with your dedicated care managers, a tailored home care plan will be designed, ensuing you get the most from your package.
Social Support and Experiences
- Social support in your home or community
- Hobby and interest based experiences
- Technology support
- Long lunches and dinners
- Explore SA day tours and getaways
- In-home and centre-based respite
- Occupational therapy
- Remedial massage therapy
- Exercise and wellness groups
- Aids and equipment related to your care
- Social work
- Assistance with showering and dressing/undressing
- Personal grooming
- Assistance shopping
- Meal preparation
- Support and transport to attend medical, social, and other appointments
- Wound care
- Medication management
- Continence management
- Blood pressure monitoring
- General health assessments and reviews
- Specific dementia and diabetes support
- Light vacuuming, sweeping, mopping
- and dusting
- Wiping of surfaces
- Cupboard, pantry, and fridge cleaning
- Bed and linen changing
- Laundry assistance
Home and Garden Maintenance
- Lawn mowing
- Garden maintenance
- Sweeping and cobweb removal
Funding and fees explained
A Home Care Package comprises the subsidy from the Australian Government and the fees and costs you may be asked to pay. We’ve put together an explanation of the funding, fees and charges relating to a Home Care Package, and what you can expect from ACH Group.
The subsidy the Australian Government pays, differs depending on what level of care you have been approved for. This is paid directly to your Home Care Package provider to cover the costs of your care needs, up to a maximum amount per package level.
This is an extra contribution some people may be required to pay, depending on an income assessment. The Income Tested Fee is determined by Services Australia and differs for everyone. If applicable, it will reduce the subsidy the government contributes towards your Home Care Package.
Your Care Management fee covers all aspects of your coordinated care. Dedicated care managers provide you with a single point of contact for holistic advice and coordination of your health, care, and community support.
This can include:
- The design and review of your tailored care plan.
- Coordination and scheduling of services.
- Liaising with your support network, including medical practitioners, allied health, or external parties to ensure you are receiving what you require.
- Identifying and mitigating any risks that prevent you from living safely at home.
Rest assured, your Home Care Package is being managed by a reputable, accredited, and approved provider.
Your Package Management fee includes the ongoing administration to ensure a smooth delivery and management of your package, such as:
- Preparing monthly statements.
- Managing your budget and associated package subsidies.
- Compliance and quality assurance activities, giving you confidence that our service delivery is of the highest standard.
How does this look in a budget?
Prior to commencing your services, you will receive a budget that will outline your government subsidy and any contributions you may need to pay less the provider fees. Your Care Manager will work with you in tailoring a care plan utilising your remaining funds.
Why choose ACH Group
For over 70 years, ACH Group has been supporting older South Australians to live well as they age. We know aged care and provide a complete range of services, from help at home, social and health to finding a new home in retirement living or residential care.
- Individualised support to understand and navigate your options.
- As a full-service provider, ACH Group can support you while you wait for a Home Care Package.
- It’s your package, your way.
- Your dedicated care managers work with you in developing and adjusting your care plan to make the most of your package.
- Our Good Lives philosophy underpins all that we do, so when designing and delivering services, we consider what a good life means for you.
- Worry free package management and complete transparency.
- You’re in safe hands, ACH Group is a fully accredited provider with a multi-disciplinary, vetted, and trained workforce.
- We’re here 24/7, giving you peace of mind and support when needed.
Call ACH Group on 1300 22 44 77 Press 2 to speak with the Welcome Team.
How to choose ACH Group as your provider
ACH Group is here to support you every step of the way
Our experienced team will help make applying and coordinating your Home Care Package a simple and stress-free process.