We are committed to providing the best possible service and strive for continuous improvement at every opportunity. Feedback is always welcome as it is a means of understanding the experiences of those receiving our services as well as their representatives.
We celebrate what we do well and we are always eager to receive comments and compliments about positive experiences that individuals may have had.
There may also come a time when individual wishes to make a comment or complaint about something that did not go as well as expected. It is important that we hear about these experiences as well.
Feedback can be provided to us in a number of ways:
- Complete the reply-paid ‘Your Feedback Matters’ form located at all ACH Group sites and submit by placing it in one of the feedback form boxes on-site or post it back to us at no cost.
- Complete a digital feedback form online at https://achgroup.org.au/contact/feedback/
- Speak with a staff member in person
- Telephone 1300 22 44 77 and speak to one of our staff members
- Send a letter to PO BOX 646 Torrensville Plaza Torrensville SA 5031
We have a comprehensive process for managing complaints which includes a review of what happened, why it happened and what can be done to prevent it from happening again. The privacy and confidentiality of individuals is respected, and communication about progress occurs throughout.
Your satisfaction is important to us so if you are not happy with the progress or outcome of your complaint you can contact the Customer Feedback Manager on 0417 598 325. We encourage you to share your feedback with the staff providing your services in the first instance if you are comfortable doing so. In the unlikely event that a resolution cannot be reached we may refer you to an independent advocate service, who can support you while we work through the issue(s).
Aged care advocacy
Service recipients can access free advocacy services to support them in raising concerns and making a complaint. An aged care advocate can:
- listen to complainants and provide information
- speak to a service provider on a complainant’s behalf
- support complainants at any stage throughout a complaint process
- assist with translating and interpreting.
In South Australia, this service is provided by:
- Aged Rights Advocacy Service Inc. 16 Hutt Street Adelaide SA 5000 Phone: 08 8232 5377 or 1800 802 030 (Free Call)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.sa.agedrights.asn.au
Residents or other stakeholders may wish to refer unresolved complaints to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. The service is free for people to raise concerns about the quality of Australian Government subsidised care and services.
Concerns can be raised by phone, via email or post.
- Phone: 1800 951 822
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- GPO Box 9819
In your capital city:
Ensure your letter includes:
- Name, address and telephone number
- The date the complaint is lodged
- Details of the complaint, including specific dates of events and relevant comments
- The name of the Aged Care Home or Service and the state/territory in which it is located
- The name of the customer that the complaint relates to.
NDIS Customer Complaints
Customers receiving NDIS funded services who wish to refer an unresolved complaint to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission or the National Relay service can contact using the information below.
NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission
- Phone: 1800 035 544 (free call from landlines) or TTY 133 677. Interpreters can be arranged.
- Website: Complete a Complaint Contact form online: www.ndiscommission.gov.au
National Relay Service
Please let us know if you require information about Aged Rights Advocacy printed in another language.