ACH Group has received many awards in recognition of outstanding achievement, at both an organisational and individual level.
Here’s a snapshot of just the last few years.
- ACH Group’s Integrated Student Placement Model won the Innovation in Service or Design category at the ACSA SA Awards. The Australian-first Integrated Student Placement Model offers students studying Cert III in Individual Support a chance to experience service delivery over four weeks in residential, and in-home and community care settings, increasing students’ knowledge and on the job experience.
- The COVID-19 Resilience and Reconditioning Packages, a partnership with ACH Group and Adelaide PHN, won Outstanding Achievement in Aged Care at the Adelaide PHN Awards. The packages provided individually tailored health and wellbeing services to 100 older people in metro Adelaide whose daily routines, social connections, and health and wellbeing had been adversely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions. Over six weeks they were connected with a host of ACH Group health and social services.
- Our Good Lives Magazine was named a Semi-Finalist in the Tackling Ageism category for the SA Community Achievement Awards.
- ACH Group was a finalist in two categories of the South Australian Community Achievement Awards – our Good Lives approach and focus on busting stereotypes of ageing was recognised in the Office for Ageing Well Tackling Ageism Award. And our Younger Onset Dementia Golf Program, in partnership with Anne Marie Knight Golf Academy, was recognised in the Woolworths Sports in the Community Award.
- The InnovAGEING National Awards celebrate better ways of doing things in the service of older Australians. ACH Group reached the finals for our Smart Technology Services which enable older people to access and implement Smart Home Technologies to continue living safely and independently at home.
- Selected as Employer of Choice – Australian Business Awards
- Achieved Certificate level in the Australian Service Excellence Standards
- Our Restoration in Any Setting program was the winner of the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (AACQA) Better Practice Award
- Samantha Manoel, Interprofessional Learning Coordinator and Healthy Ageing Manager, won the Australian Community Services Association (ACSA) SA/NT Trainee Award
- ViTA, our state-of –the-art centre at Daw Park won the prestigious Global Ageing Network Award for Excellence in Applied Research
- Muslim Communities Project Manager Mahjabeen Ahmad received the South Australian Governor’s Multicultural Award for Most Outstanding Individual Achievement in Aged Care
- Good Lives on Film, an initiative that saw ACH Group partner with the Media Resource Centre to produce a series of short films, took out the COTA SA Positive Ageing award for creative arts
- We won two Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (AACQA) Better Practice Awards for our Free to Be LGBTIQ inclusion program, and the Rehabilitate and recover via early intervention programs
- Our Dementia Champions program was recognised with the Ralph Potter Dignity in Care award
- Thelma Pope received the Wellness and Lifestyle Active Ager of the Year award at age 105
- General Manager Trudy Sutton received the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM) Executive/Senior Manager award
- Our ‘In the Flow’ community arts program received the Arts and Health award from Creative Partnerships Australia
- We took out two Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (AACQA) Better Practice Awards for community communication tool The Milpara Tree, and for a partnership that supported school based traineeships
- Paul Harris was recognised for his efforts, named as joint national winner of the Volunteer Manager Award for Excellence from the Australian Association for Managers of Volunteers
- We picked up two Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (AACQA) Better Practice Awards for our approach to building capacity for residents to remain engaged in life and for a connecting with community through nature initiative.
- Quality project officer Lai Woon Kong received a scholarship to attend a SAGE study tour to Europe