ACH Group staff and teams recognised in ACSA Over and Above Program
Earlier this year, ACH Group employees were invited to nominate a colleague or team in the ACSA Over and Above Program.
The Program, run by former aged care peak body ACSA (now Aged & Community Care Providers Association [ACCPA]), was an opportunity to reflect, pay tribute and share the stories of those employed in the aged care sector who have taken extraordinary measures this year to support customers, residents, and colleagues.
There were four categories to nominate in: Acts of Kindness, Community Connection, Innovation, and Unsung Hero.
The categories the 12 ACH Group recognitions were split between were Acts of Kindness: teams or individual staff that have displayed acts of kindness ‘over & above’ the call of duty – giving their best self to others without request or promise of return, and Unsung Hero: the unsung heroes that might usually fly under the radar but that go ‘over & above’ the everyday and exhibit exceptional qualities.
Meet the individuals and team recognised by their colleagues
- Home Care Team West
- Ground and Maintenance Team South
- Community Scheduling Team
- Luisa Greco, Social Links Group Planner
- Suman Thakur and Gagandeep Kaur, Kapara Residential Care Home Site Clerical Administrators
- Natasha Kapulski, Customer Experience Lead
- Geoff Barclay, Retirement Living Manager
- Donna Hogarth, Support Worker
- Todd Murphy, Home Care Scheduling Specialist
- Giggle Liu, Quality Assurance Business Partner
- Rob Shapcott, Group Facilities Manager
- Em Makalima-Edwards, Property Maintenance Officer
Thanks for caring
As we have just celebrated with Aged Care Employee Day, on 7 August, those working in the aged care sector, including the ACH Group staff recognised above, make incredible contributions to supporting older people to live well.