Board renewal to embrace aged care future
Leading not-for-profit aged care organisation for South Australia and Victoria, ACH Group, has announced the appointment of a new Chair.
Geoff Holdich, who has served as Treasurer for the past eight years, has accepted the position during a time of unprecedented opportunity in the aged care sector which includes greater competition, use of technology and innovation and significant policy change.
Mr Holdich is Chairman of BRM Holdich, a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, a registered tax agent and auditor and has financial planning qualifications.
Mr Holdich was previously the Managing Partner of PKF where he was responsible for five offices in SA and NT and served on PKF’s National Council. He acts as Chairman of three other professional services firms, is active as a mentor to senior level executives and as a career management consultant.
He is also a member of the SAHT Audit and Finance Committee and up until 26 October 2015 was Treasurer and Chair of the Audit & Finance Committee of ACH Group.
“I’m very excited about assuming the position of Chair as we further embrace the consumer age in the sector,” Mr Holdich says. “Until recently, the power has been with the organisations who deliver services. As changing consumer expectation and government reforms come into play and consumers control their destinies, it’s up to us to continue to evolve into the type of business that older people choose to partner with to invent new possibilities. We commenced that evolution under outgoing Chair Brent Blanks, and I thank him for his leadership.”
ACH Group is currently growing and generating some very significant achievements, including:
- The commissioning of the game-changing ViTA, ACH Group’s state-of-the-art centre that brings together health, aged care and education;
- The first national trial of Consumer Directed Care;
- The development of the CIMPACT tool to measure the impact of services on a person’s quality of life;
- The establishment of The ACH Group Foundation; and
- The implementation of new technology to serve the ACH Group community more effectively.