Helping to shape the future of age friendly dining in the City of Onkaparinga.
During the months March and April 2021, people were invited to visit Jimmy Deane’s Restaurant – located at South Adelaide Football Club – or Becks Bakehouse, Port Noarlunga, to take part in the Dining Co Project.
25 Clarke Street
|Jimmy Deane’s Restaurant
South Adelaide Football Club
1 Lovelock Drive
The Dining Co. Project aimed to co-design age friendly eating-out experiences, gaining further understanding and responding to the needs and preferences of older people.
Eating out should be inviting, inclusive and accessible, and it should support meaningful social connections. Meaningful connections, in turn, support people to age well in their local communities.
Steps the venues took to become more age friendly.
- all ages friendly food and drinks offers
- ensuring people of all ages feel welcome and at ease
- dementia awareness and education for staff and management
- quieter and more comfortable seating options
- special deals and offerings; and
- social initiatives that promote community connections.
The Dining Co. Project was led by ACH Group and it is supported by Office for Ageing Well, SA Health. The project was supported locally by the City of Onkaparinga.