Chocolate hazelnut truffles
ACH Group healthy chef Mel Haynes shares her Chocolate hazelnut truffle recipe made using silken tofu for a healthier chocolate treat.
500g medium silken tofu (room temperature)
500g quality dark chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate in a water bath.
- In the food processor, add the tofu and combine on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- When the chocolate has melted, add to the tofu mixture and combine on low speed until well mixed. It should resemble a creamy chocolate ganache.
- Line a try with plastic wrap. Place teaspoon-sized amounts of truffle mixture on the tray at regular intervals.
- When you have used half the mixture, place a hazelnut in the centre of each, then top with a second dollop of mixture. Place into the fridge to set.
- In the food processor, place the peanuts and any remaining hazelnuts and process into short bursts until crumbled. Alternatively, you can use almonds or regular ‘chopped’ peanuts for this stage.
- Once the balls are cooled, using gloves, roll the balls in the peanuts until coated. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.