At ACH Group, we are proud to have dedicated and wonderful volunteers who support our vision of good lives for older people. Although Volunteer Week this year may look a bit different due to the Coronavirus pandemic, it doesn’t stop us from celebrating ….. READ MORE
Spiced Lamb Cutlets Recipe
Are you planning to enjoy lamb this Australia Day? Eaten as part of a balanced diet, lamb has many health benefits.
According to the Meat and Livestock Association, lamb is rich in protein, minerals and B-group vitamins including thiamine, niacin and riboflavin.
It is also a valuable source of iron, which helps carry oxygen to the muscles for energy and is important for brain performance, including memory and concentration.
Lamb also contains B12, which boosts the nervous system, and zinc, which supports the immune system.
Find out more about how to cook with lamb, including cuts, carving, handling and storage here.
ACH Group chef Katie Otto says lamb cutlets are easy to cook and always a favourite. She shares her favourite lamb cutlets recipe below, which brings together Middle Eastern spices and a salad of pomegranate, pumpkin and feta.
Spice crusted lamb cutlets with green bean, roasted pumpkin, feta & pomegranate salad
8 x lamb cutlets
50g fennel seeds
50g coriander seeds
50g cumin seeds
15g black peppercorns
300g green beans, topped and tailed
200g diced pumpkin
½ red onion, thinly sliced
150 ml pomegranate molasses
- Trim excess fat from cutlets.
- Roast spices in a dry pan until they become aromatic, then coarsely grind them in a mortar and pestle (or coffee grinder).
- Dust the lamb with spice mix and set aside.
- Roast pumpkin until slightly caramelised.
- Steam green beans for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a pan or barbecue, then spray cutlets with a little canola spray and add them to the pan.
- Cook on each side for a few minutes, depending on how you like to eat your lamb.
- In a large bowl mix green beans, roasted pumpkin and red onion.
- Pick a large serving platter and lay out nicely to serve. Crumble feta over salad then sprinkle pomegranate seeds over as a garnish.
- Place cooked lamb on top then, drizzle over pomegranate molasses.