FAQs – Services
How do I access home services?
Accessing services to support you living at home is easy, all you need to do is call ACH Group on 1300 22 44 77 and we can help you get started.
To receive Government Subsidised aged care support you need to register through My Aged Care by visiting www.myagedcare.gov.au or calling 1800 200 422. When contacting My Aged Care, you will be asked to participate in an initial telephone screening to determine the level of care that is appropriate. For low level support, you will be referred for further assessment to the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) who will conduct a face to face assessment before recommending services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program. For people whose care needs are more complex, an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will be conducted for referral to appropriate services. Our friendly staff can help you navigate the assessment process.
What services are available to me?
Our comprehensive range of quality services assists you to remain independent in your own home. Qualified and experienced staff respect your unique strengths, capabilities and cultural background and work with you to determine what you can and want to do in life.
We are leaders in dementia care, equipped to meet the needs of people living with dementia. Using the latest technology, we match the skills and attributes of our staff to meet your needs, including languages spoken.
Our in-home services include:
- Cleaning – Help around the house to keep your home clean and tidy, including; laundry, floors, bathrooms, kitchen, ironing, small windows.
- Personal support – Assistance with personal care such as standby assistance with bathing, personal hygiene, toileting and dressing.
- Social support – Activities in or out of the home such as going out for coffee or for swimming lessons. Group activities are available that cater to a range of interests including arts and craft, singing, exercise and more.
- Meal preparation – Help to prepare meals and food in your home including healthy meal planning; labelling and freezing food.
- Shopping – We can provide support to do your shopping, or we can shop for you. This support could include clothing, shoes, paying bills and banking. Grocery shopping can be unpacked for you also.
- Transport – We can provide transport to get you out and about whether it be to get to the shops, visit a health professional or attend social activities.
- Gardening – We can help you maintain a beautiful garden through assistance with pruning, planting and weeding.
- Home Assist Onkaparinga – Home Assist is partnership between ACH Group and the City of Onkaparinga to develop responsive services and an inclusive community for older people living in the City of Onkaparinga.
- Health & Wellbeing services – a range of services to help you be your best self including podiatry, exercise classes, physiotherapy and a range of other services delivered by our allied health professionals.
Services are designed to support people to stay in their own homes for longer and include cleaning, safety and security improvements and home repairs.
How much will it cost to have services in my home?
For services that support you to remain living at home, there are two government subsidised programs: Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Home Care Packages (HCP).
Commonwealth Home Support Program
This is considered entry level support and, if eligible, you will be able to access a variety of basic assistance such as cleaning, home maintenance, home modification and personal care. If you are eligible, you are expected to contribute to the cost if you can afford to. We will discuss fees with you before arranging services.
Why choose ACH Group?
ACH Group has been providing quality home care assistance for older Australians since 1952 and we are established experts in the field of home care services.
When you select ACH Group to assist you with your in-home help, you are enlisting a team of qualified, experienced and caring staff and a company with over 65 years of experience. The approach we take is to do with – not for- you, so that can maintain control over your living environments, and your life in general. We see the support that we offer as a way of taking away the worry, and enabling you to get back to doing the things you love.
ACH Group will:
√ Assist you to access in-home care services that are right for you
√ Work with you to navigate My Aged Care
√ Connect you with activities, exercise programs and opportunities to suit your interests